Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weekend Warriors

This weekend was so much fun and productive, and now I am paying for it. 9PM bedtime for me sounds absolutely perfect. One thing I failed at this weekend was hitting the gym, this girl will be hitting the bag hard at 9Rounds at 6AM.

After our Friday roomie night-in, we decided the next morning to venture out to the newest Greenville brunch hotspot, Southern Culture. I am on the ever long search for the perfect brunch place in Greenville. After high hopes from previous patron reviews on the ambiance, food, and cocktails, I will admit I was impressed.  After gazing at the cocktail menu for quite sometime, lost in the large array of flavored vodkas for my Bloody Mary, I had to make the executive decision to pass on the alcohol for this time only. Although I fully look forward to going back and trying one.

For my entree I choose the DIXIE LAND POUTINE, a wonderful mix of a fried egg, bacon, Goat Cheese!!!, and of course hand cut French fries all smothered in gravy. Not for the calorie conscious, which I am (calorie fail). And of course I had to order a side of biscuits, any southern restaurant should be judged on their biscuits. They were good, not mind blowing but good. I usually prefer my biscuits more light than dense, but its a personal preference because my roommate really enjoyed them!

After a delicious morning, shopping was in order to burn off a few calories. I'm about to let you in on my biggest not so secret. I am an avid TJ Maxx and Marshall's Homegoods shopper. You get some of the best designer brands and quality items without having to pay top dollar. We purchased some great items for the kitchen and we are really pleased with how our apartment is shaping up. Our decor is a good combination of both our taste, as well as our personal artwork.

Step by step painting classes paired with good friends and wine, seem to be some of the best girls nights I've had. And hey at the end of the night you get to take home your own "masterpiece". And I use the term masterpiece lightly.

Ended the weekend at my cousins bridal shower. There's something about being in a room full of women who have helped shape my life and seeing how much everyone has changed. I even had the pleasure of meeting baby Bryce for the first time. Brantley is going to make a beautiful bride and I can't wait for the big day, it'll be a fantastic event.

All together it was a successful weekend! Happy Week!





1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy that you are blogging! I've wanted to try Southern Culture so badly for Sunday brunch. We may try it out this week. Poutine looked amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete