Friday, January 25, 2013

What's for Dinner

My activity filled Friday night, has turned into a low-key movie night-in with the roomie, equally as fun.

As always in cold weather I turn to hearty dinners and today is hearty gone healthy.

Tilapia with Jasmine rice and stir fry veggies. After a SAMs trip I stocked up on frozen Tilapia filets for easy week night meals. They defrost easily overnight in the fridge.

Dinner:
Rice- Always takes the longest so I pulled out my handy dandy rice maker, $20 at Walgreens. 1 1/2 cup of water to 1 cup of rice. I also added 1/2 tbsp of butter for extra flavor.

Tilapia- Add a 1 tsp of butter in a sauté pan with one crushed garlic clove, I love garlic. Add in the filet and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder. Let cook on one side for 5-7 minutes. Before flipping add 1 tsp of lemon juice to the pan. Flip filet and season the other side. Before cooking finishes, flip filet one more time and add an additional 1 tsp of lemon.

Veggies- I used the steam in the bag veggies found in the produce section at your local grocery store. They only take 4 minutes in the microwave and finish them off with a little lemon juice for a fresh flavor burst.

Enjoy!!



Now roomie move night with "Just Friends" haha Ryan Reynolds was a great in this! Early to bed for a morning boxing session at 9Rounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment